Saturday, June 16, 2012

Race....Recovery.....and New Goals

Since Boise 70.3 didn't go as planned due to weather and shortened courses...it resulted in me feeling completely ripped off of my first A race of the season.  It is funny what a week of recovery, rest, and analyzing will do for you!  I wasn't sure about this whole recovery thing....but the coaches insisted that I have no training and give my mind and body a rest.
By Thursday I was back to the drawing board of deciding how to plan the rest of my season.  After missing worlds by one slot a fire was ignited in my little soul!  I didn't go to Boise with that as my goal, but I learned that it is a goal I can set that is attainable for me.  I am so excited for the rest of this race season...fun races are lined up!  Age Group Nationals will be my next A race and I am hoping to go out and put together a solid race.
I have started to enjoy this whole recovery thing.  It is so nice to go out for a bike ride or a run and not have to worry about paces, or time, or miles.  I can just go out and enjoy being outside!!  This week I could be found on the trail and up the canyon.  My miles were DRASTICALLY reduced....to be exact I only ran 9 miles, bike 35 miles, and swam about 4500 yards this week.  But, I loved every minute of it.  It has given me time to put a race into perspective, find the positives, set new goals, and feel ready to conquer the rest of this race season!  But first....here's to another week of recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Œ