Saturday, March 3, 2012

My new best friend!

Last year I made the decision that I needed to upgrade from a road bike to a triathlon bike. I spent the year saving my money for the purchase...I could often be heard before holidays and my birthday telling people to "donate to the bike fund." It was really hard to save for something for so long when I would go to races and see tri bikes that I really wanted and know that if I had a tri bike I would be a little faster!

I was so excited to hear that Kestrel was going to sponsor our team because their bikes were absolutely beautiful! I knew that I was going to be happy on one of their bikes. It has been a very long 4 weeks as I have ordered and waited for my bike to come in. I seriously felt like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning!! I even went down to T3 to see the beauty in the box before it was built.

This past Friday I was able to pick up my new ride. I was so impressed with how well built these bikes are. My husband could be heard saying, "even the skewer is top of the line quality...and the barrings are ceramic." The detail on this bike is awesome!

Heath Thurston will be fitting my bike tomorrow so that it is a perfect ride for me. I am now hoping that Mother Nature cooperates so I can get outside this next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Œ