Sunday, March 4, 2012

Tifie Ranch Snowshoe Retreat







This weekend was our first retreat with our newly formed womens team. I can't tell you how stoked I was to hang out with some positive, amazing women and burn some serious calories! I wasn't disappointed on either account.

Tifie Ranch sits on 600+ acres near Morgan, Utah and is the home of Robert Workman, founder of GoalZero (among his other projects). He and his wife were kind enough to let us stay in one of the cottages on their property and tromp down their snow. So we loaded up the snacks, threw on our cozy Bear Paw boots (of course!) and headed for the mountains.

After a night full of laughs, we headed to bed excited to go exploring on Saturday. We woke up to perfect conditions- overcast but not too cold. The climb began right from the trail-head and after a quick stop at the yurts, we continued our ascent of 1744 ft. in just under 2 miles to the ridge overlooking the ranch. That kind of climbing is tough enough as it is, but breaking trail through fresh snow brought the HR up even more. It was wicked hard but even with my hip-flexors screaming at me, I kept thinking how much fun the descent would be!

Beautiful powder softened each step as we quickly ate up the rest of the 6 miles on the way back. It was SO hard, but man, that felt good! We had a bit of a walk on the road to get back to the ranch, and all I could think was how badly I wanted to get my tired feet back into my Bear Paws... seriously. Sherri was kind enough to bring tasty protein shakes for us to try and I've never been so blissfully happy to sit until it was my turn for a searing hot shower.

Ladies, I had a ton of fun and laughs and can't wait until next year. I'm pretty confident I'll be ready to take on that ridge all the way around the rim. Thanks to the Workman's for their generosity and to the team for a trash-kicking good time!


5 comments:

  1. That was an awesome adventure with amazing athletes. Just what I needed to stoke my training fire! Thanks Jen for putting this all together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I had a great time; it was just what I needed too. :)

      Delete
  2. Okay - I'm dying at that video! Love it. It was a great weekend with you all, thanks for putting it together. I will snowshoe again, I loved it! Can't wait for our next outing... Probably should go to somewhere warm next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Gun 3D game isn't a karate match-up. It's a gan brimming with different amonitions and figuring out how to utilize them can be extremely hard. Be that as it may, when aced, you can continue to face difficulties and challenge individuals around and even your companions with the Pixel Gun 3D game different player highlight.
    WWW.pixelgun3dgame.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.
    latrobemassagecentre

    ReplyDelete

Œ